Second Grade Standards, Second Grade Math Standards, Second Grade Math, Second Grade Skills, Math Standards Second Grade, Number Standards, Numbers Standards, Operations Standards, Base Ten Standards, Base 10 Standards
Second Grade Math: Number and Operations in Base Ten Standards
Understand place value.
- 2.NBT.1. Understand that the three digits of a three-digit number represent amounts of hundreds, tens, and ones; e.g., 706 equals 7 hundreds, 0 tens, and 6 ones. Understand the following as special cases:
- 100 can be thought of as a bundle of ten tens — called a “hundred.”
- The numbers 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900 refer to one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine hundreds (and 0 tens and 0 ones).
- 2.NBT.2. Count within 1000; skip-count by 5s, 10s, and 100s.
- 2.NBT.3. Read and write numbers to 1000 using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form.
- 2.NBT.4. Compare two three-digit numbers based on meanings of the hundreds, tens, and ones digits, using >, =, and < symbols to record the results of comparisons.
Use place value understanding and properties of operations to add and subtract.
- 2.NBT.5. Fluently add and subtract within 100 using strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
- 2.NBT.6. Add up to four two-digit numbers using strategies based on place value and properties of operations.
- 2.NBT.7. Add and subtract within 1000, using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction; relate the strategy to a written method. Understand that in adding or subtracting three-digit numbers, one adds or subtracts hundreds and hundreds, tens and tens, ones and ones; and sometimes it is necessary to compose or decompose tens or hundreds.
- 2.NBT.8. Mentally add 10 or 100 to a given number 100–900, and mentally subtract 10 or 100 from a given number 100–900.
- 2.NBT.9. Explain why addition and subtraction strategies work, using place value and the properties of operations.
Second Grade Common Core Workbook Download$59.00 Add to cart
Second Grade Common Core Assessment Workbook Download$49.00 Add to cart
Second Grade Common Core Workbook USB$79.00 Add to cart
Second Grade Common Core Assessment Workbook USB$69.00 Add to cart
Second Grade Common Core Workbook Paperback$199.00 Add to cart
Second Grade Common Core Assessment Workbook Paperback$59.00 Add to cart
Second Grade Common Core Standards Posters$0.00 Add to cart