Second Grade Standards, Second Grade Math Standards, Second Grade Math, Second Grade Skills, Math Standards Second Grade, Measurement Standards, Data Standards
Second Grade Math: Measurement and Data Standards
Measure and estimate lengths in standard units.
- 2.MD.1. Measure the length of an object by selecting and using appropriate tools such as rulers, yardsticks, meter sticks, and measuring tapes.
- 2.MD.2. Measure the length of an object twice, using length units of different lengths for the two measurements; describe how the two measurements relate to the size of the unit chosen.
- 2.MD.3. Estimate lengths using units of inches, feet, centimeters, and meters.
- 2.MD.4. Measure to determine how much longer one object is than another, expressing the length difference in terms of a standard length unit.
Relate addition and subtraction to length.
- 2.MD.5. Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve word problems involving lengths that are given in the same units, e.g., by using drawings (such as drawings of rulers) and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
- 2.MD.6. Represent whole numbers as lengths from 0 on a number line diagram with equally spaced points corresponding to the numbers 0, 1, 2, …, and represent whole-number sums and differences within 100 on a number line diagram.
Work with time and money.
- 2.MD.7. Tell and write time from analog and digital clocks to the nearest five minutes, using a.m. and p.m.
- 2.MD.8. Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately. Example: If you have 2 dimes and 3 pennies, how many cents do you have?
Represent and interpret data.
- 2.MD.9. Generate measurement data by measuring lengths of several objects to the nearest whole unit, or by making repeated measurements of the same object. Show the measurements by making a line plot, where the horizontal scale is marked off in whole-number units.
- 2.MD.10. Draw a picture graph and a bar graph (with single-unit scale) to represent a data set with up to four categories. Solve simple put-together, take-apart, and compare problems using information presented in a bar graph.
Second Grade Common Core Workbook Download$59.00 Add to cart
Second Grade Common Core Assessment Workbook Download$49.00 Add to cart
Second Grade Common Core Workbook USB$79.00 Add to cart
Second Grade Common Core Assessment Workbook USB$69.00 Add to cart
Second Grade Common Core Workbook Paperback$199.00 Add to cart
Second Grade Common Core Assessment Workbook Paperback$59.00 Add to cart
Second Grade Common Core Standards Posters$0.00 – $15.00 Select options