Kindergarten Standards, Kindergarten Math Standards, Kindergarten Math, Kindergarten Skills, Math Standards Kindergarten, Geometry Standards, Shape Standards
Kindergarten Math: Geometry Standards
Identify and describe shapes (squares, circles, triangles, rectangles, hexagons, cubes, cones, cylinders, and spheres).
- K.G.1. Describe objects in the environment using names of shapes, and describe the relative positions of these objects using terms such as above, below, beside, in front of, behind, and next to.
- K.G.2. Correctly name shapes regardless of their orientations or overall size.
- K.G.3. Identify shapes as two-dimensional (lying in a plane, “flat”) or three-dimensional (“solid”).
Analyze, compare, create, and compose shapes.
- K.G.4. Analyze and compare two- and three-dimensional shapes, in different sizes and orientations, using informal language to describe their similarities, differences, parts (e.g., number of sides and vertices/“corners”) and other attributes (e.g., having sides of equal length).
- K.G.5. Model shapes in the world by building shapes from components (e.g., sticks and clay balls) and drawing shapes.
- K.G.6. Compose simple shapes to form larger shapes. For example, “Can you join these two triangles with full sides touching to make a rectangle?”
Kindergarten Common Core Workbook Download$59.00 Add to cart
Kindergarten Common Core Assessment Workbook Download$49.00 Add to cart
Kindergarten Common Core Workbook USB$79.00 Add to cart
Kindergarten Common Core Assessment Workbook USB$69.00 Add to cart
Kindergarten Common Core Workbook Paperback$199.00 Add to cart
Kindergarten Common Core Assessment Workbook Paperback$59.00 Add to cart
Kindergarten Common Core Standards Posters$0.00 – $15.00 Select options