RF.K.3 Standard, RF.K.3 Common Core, RF.K.3 Common Core Standard, RF.K.3 Worksheets, RF.K.3 Activities, RF.K.3 Worksheet, RF.K.3 Activity, RF.K.3 Lesson Plans, RF.K.3 Lessons, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3, CCSS RF.K.3
Kindergarten Reading: Foundational Skills Standards
Phonics and Word Recognition
- RF.K.3. Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary or most frequent sound for each consonant.
- Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.
- Read common high-frequency words by sight (e.g., the, of, to, you, she, my, is, are, do, does).
- Distinguish between similarly spelled words by identifying the sounds of the letters that differ.
Worksheets, Activities and Posters for this standard, along with all other Math and ELA Common Core Standards for Kindergarten, are included in the Kindergarten Common Core Workbook.