RF.K.2 Standard, RF.K.2 Common Core, RF.K.2 Common Core Standard, RF.K.2 Worksheets, RF.K.2 Activities, RF.K.2 Worksheet, RF.K.2 Activity, RF.K.2 Lesson Plans, RF.K.2 Lessons, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2, CCSS RF.K.2
Kindergarten Reading: Foundational Skills Standards
- RF.K.2. Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
- Recognize and produce rhyming words.
- Count, pronounce, blend, and segment syllables in spoken words.
- Blend and segment onsets and rimes of single-syllable spoken words.
- Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words.1 (This does not include CVCs ending with /l/, /r/, or /x/.)
- Add or substitute individual sounds (phonemes) in simple, one-syllable words to make new words.
Worksheets, Activities and Posters for this standard, along with all other Math and ELA Common Core Standards for Kindergarten, are included in the Kindergarten Common Core Workbook.