L.K.5 Standard, L.K.5 Common Core, L.K.5 Common Core Standard, L.K.5 Worksheets, L.K.5 Activities, L.K.5 Worksheet, L.K.5 Activity, L.K.5 Lesson Plans, L.K.5 Lessons, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.5, CCSS L.K.5
Kindergarten Language Standards
Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- L.K.5. With guidance and support from adults, explore word relationships and nuances in word meanings.
- Sort common objects into categories (e.g., shapes, foods) to gain a sense of the concepts the categories represent.
- Demonstrate understanding of frequently occurring verbs and adjectives by relating them to their opposites (antonyms).
- Identify real-life connections between words and their use (e.g., note places at school that are colorful).
- Distinguish shades of meaning among verbs describing the same general action (e.g., walk, march, strut, prance) by acting out the meanings.
Worksheets, Activities and Posters for this standard, along with all other Math and ELA Common Core Standards for Kindergarten, are included in the Kindergarten Common Core Workbook.