Kindergarten Standards, Kindergarten Reading Standards, Kindergarten Literature Standards, Kindergarten Reading, Kindergarten Literature, Reading Literature Standards
Kindergarten Reading: Literature Standards
Key Ideas and Details
- RL.K.1. With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- RL.K.2. With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
- RL.K.3. With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
Craft and Structure
- RL.K.4. Ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text.
- RL.K.5. Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems).
- RL.K.6. With prompting and support, name the author and illustrator of a story and define the role of each in telling the story.
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RL.K.7. With prompting and support, describe the relationship between illustrations and the story in which they appear (e.g., what moment in a story an illustration depicts).
- RL.K.8. (Not applicable to literature)
- RL.K.9. With prompting and support, compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in familiar stories.
Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RL.K.10. Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.