Kindergarten Standards, Kindergarten Reading Standards, Kindergarten Informational Text Standards, Kindergarten Reading, Kindergarten Text, Reading Standards Kindergarten
Kindergarten Reading: Informational Text Standards
Key Ideas and Details
- RI.K.1. With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- RI.K.2. With prompting and support, identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
- RI.K.3. With prompting and support, describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text.
Craft and Structure
- RI.K.4. With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text.
- RI.K.5. Identify the front cover, back cover, and title page of a book.
- RI.K.6. Name the author and illustrator of a text and define the role of each in presenting the ideas or information in a text.
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- RI.K.7. With prompting and support, describe the relationship between illustrations and the text in which they appear (e.g., what person, place, thing, or idea in the text an illustration depicts).
- RI.K.8. With prompting and support, identify the reasons an author gives to support points in a text.
- RI.K.9. With prompting and support, identify basic similarities in and differences between two texts on the same topic (e.g., in illustrations, descriptions, or procedures).
Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
- RI.K.10. Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.